Wednesday, July 25, 2012

On the Topic of Ties

I recently decided to revamp my tie collection, and have had surprisingly good luck at the thrift stores around my house. Just in the past couple of weeks, I found five ties to add, all for less than three dollars.


I apologize in advance for the low quality pictures. I'm sans camera right now and using my phone for the time being. Anyways, first off is the polka dots from Goodwill:


My phone can't pick up how well the red and navy blue contrast, it's perfect.



Then there's the yellow patterned tie from a little thrift store in Orange County called A New Day. I know people say to keep the best thrift spots a secret, but the owner is super nice and friendly, and she always tells me to refer people. So, here I am referring the handful of people who have ever read my blog to it.




 The lightweight grey striped tie from Salvation Army:


The fabric is a super lightweight silk, and I mean super lightweight. It's almost paper thin, so perfect for late summer.


The blue and white dots from Salvation Army:


Again, my phone can't quite get the color of this one right, it's this amazing pale blue, but it's also super saturated. It goes with everything, too.



And, last but not least, this strange piece of work, from Goodwill:



I have no idea what compelled me to get this, other than it was just so different. I doubt I'll wear it any time soon, but when I find an occasion to do so, it'll be awesome. And for two dollars, I'm not complaining.


 *A note about Salvation Army: No, I don't support their politics. I think their public condemnation of homosexuality is an affront to the community that they serve. However, I also think they do more good than bad, and so I do still shop there. Is it bad of me to still support their business? Probably. But I'm a weak-willed individual when it comes to cheap ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment