Sunday, July 22, 2012

Trusted Footwear

My favorite blogger, Giuseppe, once posted his collection of shoes, and given how important they are, I thought I would follow suit (AKA I'm copying).



I don't have a huge collection of shoes, but the ones I have are trusty and versatile.

On the left I have: Grey corduroy Toms, Teal checkered Vans, Light blue knockoff Converse, Maroon Adidas (Dennis Busenitz pro model). These are my most casual shoes, and together they go with just about everything in my dresser. I'm still waiting to come across a pair of white low-tops to round out the casual selection.

On the right I have: Brown leather saddle shoes (Nunn Bush), Brown snakeskin tassel loafers (Stacy Adams), Brown and Tan boat boots (Sperry's), and Black fake suede desert boots (unlabeled). While all of these are arguably casual as well, they're my more dressy shoes. They too go with every outfit I can put together, between the four pairs. I'm still on the hunt for a pair of black wingtips (my feet are a size 8, so thrifting for shoes is often disappointing), and I recently had to part with my boat shoes, so I need to replace those.

Of course, given that I live in California, I barely touched any of these this whole summer. The perks of living somewhat near the beach: sandals are acceptable footwear pretty much everywhere. So for the past two months I've been rocking a pair of Rainbows on the days when it gets above 80º.

Clearly my shoe collection is a bit lacking, but so is my monthly income, and I make do with what I've got.

Take-away tip: Buy shoes that you like, make sure they go with the rest of your wardrobe, and rock 'em like a hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment